Release News DokumenteGo2signals 24.1 Go2signals 23.2 Go2signals 23.1 Go2signals 22.2 Go2signals 22.1
release news – Go2signals 24.1
SIGNAL ANALYZER ENHANCEMENTS
NEW: DEMODULATOR CAPABILITY
When processing a new or unidentified signal, the first step is to analyze its modulati-
on parameters. Signal Analyzer provides all the necessary functions in one easy-to-use
tool. With this result, the next step is demodulation to obtain the communication
bitstream for further analysis.
IMPROVED: SIGNAL INFORMATION DATABASE
With the last release we introduced our new Signal Information Database. With this new version, the information has been updated further and the entries increased to 450 communication signals mainly used in the HF and VUHF frequency ranges and their different modes.
NEW: PREMIUM MULTI-TRACK AUDIO DEMODULATOR AND PLAYER
go2MONITOR now includes a premium multi-track audio demodulator and player application as a standard feature. This advanced tool offers a wide range of audio playback and navigation options. Users launch it from go2MONITORs ResultViewer to access one or multiple results and their associated IQ recordings.
NEW: MAP DISPLAY COMPONENT
New map display component with new look and user interface. In addition to the built-in or custom ofﬂine maps, the users can also access maps from any available server which they have configured (e.g. global OpenStreetMap servers or local customer servers).
NEW: AUTOMATIC TASK OPTION
Various new automatic task options added to improve task actions stopping control. Task actions can now be additionally stopped based on wideband classification feedback („stop if emission finished“) or on decoder feedback („stop if no modem recognition“ or „stop if modem lost“).
New automatic task option to limit the number of channels which are used by the task. With this simple parameter the operator can optimize resource usage between different task running in parallel.
NEW: RESULTVIEWER WITH NEW FILTER FUNCTION
New filter function in ResultViewer to display all results recently added to the system, regardless of their signal time or frequency („Last added“).
NEW: GO2MONITOR TUTORIALS
At the request of our customers, we are currently creating tutorials to provide an even quicker, easier introduction to the operation of go2MONITOR. Initially, there will be six tutorials, from installation and first steps to manual and automatic processing and evaluation of the results obtained. These tutorials will be available in Q1/2024.
Testing, simulation and training are the main areas of application for SOMO. The software generates a wide range of signaling modulation types with freely configurable parameters and channel simulations.
With the new release, additional constellations for the modulation type QAM have been integrated.
Initiated in previous releases, we have extended the bandwidth of our classifier for more and more modulation types to signals with up to 50 MBd Symbol Rate.
- Enhance classification of ASK2/4 signals up to 50 kBd
- Enhance classification of OQPSK signals up to 50 MBd
DECODER AND DEMODULATOR ENHANCEMENTS
With each new release, we add new demodulator and decoder features to our go2signals products to keep pace with the evolving world of signals. The goal is to obtain as much information as possible from all signals received.
Older communications devices using protocols which are assumed to be obsolete are occasionally sourced (most often online from resellers of previously used equipment) and reactivated by unintended
3rd-parties to suit their unorthodox communications needs. Therefore, we intentionally retain these older protocols‘ decoders and simply mark them as ‚obsolete‘ in our go2signals listings. Enduring access to these ‚obsolete‘ decoders enables our customers to react immediately in such cases.
Morse F1A: now suitable for search mode
PSK: improved burst detection of signals starting with PSK2
- New decoder added
- CHN BPSK 2400 Bd
- CHN MIL 64 FSK
- CHN pi/2 BPSK 2400 Bd
- CIS DataLink 1200/800 MS2
- Fax Group 3
- DMR: added tooltips for decoder parameters regarding decryption
- Morse: added modems A2A and F2A for morse in combination with primary modulation
- APCO25: updated MFID table entries
- NXDN: decryption of DES encrypted voice with known key
- Decoding of Motorola Location Request Response Protocol (LRRP) in some decoders
- Decoding of OHMA messages (acars) in several decoders
- Inmarsat AERO P/R/T
- Detection of EOM sequence
- CODAN 3212 1 Channel
- CODAN 3212 1 Channel 75bps
- CODAN 3212 1 Channel HDR
- STANAG 4285
- STANAG 4415
- STANAG 4539
- STANAG 4539 HDR
NEW DECODER DETECTION FEATURES:
- Maritime Mesh Network Traffic Management
- CHN MIL Datalink 30 Tone
- Harris RF-5800 SelCal
NEW DECODER DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGE (PYDDL) FEATURES:
- report_fi le(path): accepts now paths with backslashes
- open(): relaxed constraints for fi le extension lengths (1-10) and allowed double extension
- copy(path): new function to copy an arbitrary file to production memory
- search_polynom: new function to search for bit sequences generated from a known LFSR
- SymbolStream/BitStream: new properties symbol_rate/bit_rate to query the current demodulator measured symbol rate or bit rate
The go2signals software works seamlessly with many hardware receivers and direction finders from different vendors on the market (see technical specifi cation monitoring suite on www.procitec.com), including the support of VITA49 and ExtIO standardized interfaces. With this release, we added the following new features:
- Support of IZT R507x receiver family
- New VITA49 templates for automatic streaming format detection
- New tool vrt2stream to provide reading of VITA49 files and streaming
- Added support for Ubuntu Linux OS
- New remote control interface enabling the control of all Automatic Wideband Monitoring (AMT) functions, e.g. creating, editing or deleting missions and tasks
- New shortcut-based functions to move fast through wideband spectrogram (Ctrl+Left/Right) and to open the signal under the mouse in the Channel 1 (Ctrl+Down)
- New context menu function to open narrowband signal file directly from ResultViewer in the narrowband channel as file input
- User can now freely choose how many rows should be displayed maximally in the table view of the ResultViewer (was fixed to 1000 rows in the previous version)
- Enabling/Disabling multiple tasks at once in TaskOverview is now possible
- New functions in TaskOverview to change time range of multiple tasks at once
- Emission structure display in narrowband channel now includes a widget for frame length setting in pixels too
- Current audio demodulator settings are displayed below the spectrogram in the narrowband channel
- New context menu option in TaskOverview to open manual narrowband channel on the frequency of one task based channel
- Various performance optimizations, especially for large configurations with dozens of clients and hundreds of channels. Messaging has been optimized to provide significantly better throughput, Scheduler can now run more simultaneous actions with more output,
- Loop-Recording can now process much more recordings etc.
- Autorange function in WB/NB-spectrograms is now a checkable option, i.e. can be turned on or off. If turned off, it will never change user settings for min/max level.
- Simple context sensitive help available by using F1 shortcut
- Multiselect-Combobox usability improved: typing the text while the combobox has focus, will immediately open its dropdown and the filter function
- Display options on a Result-Detail, Signal-Tab in ResultViewer are now saved and reused after restarting the GUI
- NB-channel now saves the last audio demodulation bandwidth into its configuration too
- Decoder parametrization: New functions to copy/paste the content of parameter tables (for example Morse Alphabet)
- Number of displayed tasks or channels is now visible in the TaskOverview above each table
- Changed text in the antenna combobox: ’No antenna’ instead of ’Off’
What does the new version mean for you?
You have ...
... a valid update service contract?
Then you get a new update delivered once a year.
... another previous version of the software?
Now is the right time to get back into it. We will be happy to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org
... interest, but are not yet a customer
Let’s start with go2signals, ask for your trial version: email@example.com
FAQ about the update
Can I update?
Customers using go2signals 23.1 (go2MONITOR 23.1 / go2DECODE 23.1 / go2ANALYSE 23.1) are able to update their instance directly to version 23.2. Also, older versions can be updated; in this case please contact us to discuss your individual solution: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will my data and customizations be preserved?
On a standard update your data will be preserved. If you have made customizations in function and design, we recommend that you check them in advance. If you need consulting or support we are happy to prepare a suitable offer for you: email@example.com
What are the benefits of an update?
There are many benefits. You can find out which ones are specifically important for you while reading the following pages and discuss with us afterwards.
Why are updates generally useful?
The signal world is constantly changing. Updates guarantee that you keep up with the times. In addition to new features, our updates also bring optimization. The optimizations positively effect the speed, the security and the stability of the software. Additionally, updates maintain compatibility with host Operating-Systems’ patches and updates, assuring stability of the latest versions of components such as Python etc.